Wednesday, 9 September 2009

Is being made Radio Active as good as it sounds?

Well, big day tomorrow, I am being made radioactive!! Well, ok, not as glam as it sounds, I'm having a radioactive iodine tablet to shrink my thyroid nodules -oh joy!  Apparently this is a new thing they can do to shrink growing nodules - so great - if it works though.  I'm getting a bit jittery over it to be honest, I was meant to have it last month but my kindly dentist split my lip, (no, we were not fighting)!  And my thyroid doctor wouldn't give me the tablet as she said the RI (I'm getting fed up writing radio iodine (sounds like a pirate radio station "Hey, welcome to radio iodine - we glow in the dark").  Ahem, apparenty I will not be glowing in the dark so that puts paid to hubby's idea that he can plug me into the mains for a fortnight to power the lights and the telly.  Well that was his excuse for wanting to plug me into the mains, so I guess that's disappointing for him eh? 

If there are any injuries, or surgery knocking about in the body then the RI will go there and cause untold problems and not to the thyroid where it is meant to go, and where the hospital's literature assures me it will go - and nowhere else!!  See why I'm getting jittery?  So, I had to wait four weeks for the split lip to heal.  It took two weeks to heal as I developed a cold sore in the cut.  Not even a simple slipt lip is a simple thing for me, and waiting four weeks is just waiting for something else to happen and it did, I developed a cold and I still don't know who gave it to me, but that went and left me with other problems.  The hospital said to let them know a week before if I can't come due to illness or injury etc but bearing in mind that the split lip happened three days before the RI treatment that's not always possible.  I am hopeless at predicting when I'm going to be ill, how about you? 

Hope they don't postpone it again as I'll be getting into the realms of flu jabs and that could be a disaster waiting to happen.  We're still pondering whether to have the swine flu one as we don't believe this government when it says this jab is safe - would you? - they've lied to us about everything else, why would they suddenly come clean on this.  We'd rather take our chances thank you Mr B.  We're just hoping it's not disguised as the seasonal one we have to have each year, I wouldn't put that past Mr B and his cronies either.

So RI and a healthy body, apart from the nodules, is something which may or may not happen, wish me luck cos guys, I'm gonna need it.

© silversapphire 2009
All rights reserved. No part of the publications, or of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, or by any means without the express prior written permission of the Author

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.